Monday, April 12, 2010

Pancake Fail.

I made pancakes this morning. It had started off great. I woke up to the happy sunshine, watched a bit of the morning show and decided I was hungry. Everything was going smoothly until I decided to ‘experiment’ and add a bit of cocoa powder to the pancake mixture. My reasoning was, “They just add cocoa to muffins to make them chocolate flavoured right?” Never again. Maybe I added too little, maybe my cocoa powder wasn’t the right type (the package does not present me with a single clue as to whether it was Dutch-processed or not) or the cocoa powder simply wasn’t enough. But it’ll never happen again.

The recipe was ‘adapted’ from the Smitten Kitchen. I ended using about 1 ¾ cups of milk and 4 teaspoons of the cocoa power (Cadbury Bourneville) and about 2 ½ tablespoons of sugar. Please don’t try it. The recipe on it’s own is delicious but these little tweeks equated to a failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment